DO THE RIGHT THING
Request an Advisory Opinion
If you would like to request an advisory opinion on whether you should classify individuals as employees or independent contractors, please complete the request form below and include a nonrefundable payment of $100 made payable to the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment.
Understanding Unemployment Insurance – Employer Workshops
CDLE’s Division of Unemployment Insurance hosts free educational presentations across Colorado to help employers better understand Colorado’s unemployment insurance laws. The free workshop is for employers only and provides an opportunity to build knowledge, improve practices, and make sense of our state’s unemployment insurance system. Employers will learn their rights and responsibilities and be able to implement a penalty-proof program.
– Correct wage reporting
– How premiums and benefits are calculated
– Accurate premium payments
– Using online tools to manage unemployment insurance premium accounts
– Proper classification of workers as employees or independent contractors
– Understanding the unemployment insurance audit and appeals process
Your guide to proper worker classification.
Required worksite poster.
Are you an employee or an independent contractor?